Harrisville Recycling Center
Harrisville supports trash collection and recycling services for residents and their guests.
Cans & Plastics (one bin)
- Steel & aluminum cans only
- #1 and #2 plastics
- REMOVE TOPS AND rinse cans and plastics and crush them
- Other plastics, plastic bags, wraps, etc. go to the trash chute
Mixed Paper (one bin)
- Cardboard (corrugated, paperboard, paper grocery bags, etc.) PLEASE FLATTEN CARDBOARD BEFORE PLACING IN BIN AND PREFERABLY BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE RC. THIS HELPS OPTIMIZE THE COLLECTION LOAD AND KEEP THE LINE MOVING EFFICIENTLY.
- Office and computer paper, envelopes, file folders
- Books, notebooks, phonebooks
- Magazines, newspapers
- Waxed cardboard, tissue paper, soiled paper goods, wallpaper, carbon paper — all to the trash chute
Glass jars and bottles (one chute)
- REMOVE TOPS, AND RINSE JARS AND BOTTLES
- Recycled glass is used by the Highway Department
- See attendant to dispose of all other glass debris — ceramics, light bulbs, Pyrex, window glass, etc.
- See attendant to dispose of brush, demo materials, metals, appliances, and other household waste
Hours of Operation: Fridays 10 am – 5 pm & Saturdays 8 am – 5 pm
(Gates close 10 minutes before closing time to wrap up.)
Click here to download the Keene Hazardous Waste Disposal schedule for Harrisville residents
Click here for more information from NPR on plastics and recycling