HARRISVILLE PLANNING BOARD
Notice of Public Hearing
Please be advised that the Harrisville Planning Board will hold a public hearing beginning at 7:00 P.M. on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at the Harrisville Town Offices, 705 Chesham Road, on the following proposed zoning amendments:
- To amend Section 6.1.3 by allowing by Special Exception certain structures to be located closer to the property boundary lines than is currently permitted by the ordinance.
- To amend Article XXVI – Definitions, by changing the term “Accessory Building” to “Accessory Structure.”
- To amend Article XI – Historic District, by correcting the designation of Lot 61-3 to Lot 61-4.
- To amend Sections 6.3 and 10.3 by deleting the provisions regarding Accessory Dwelling units that are redundant since ADUs are addressed in Article XXIX.
- To amend Article XII – Wetland Conservation Overlay District, the purposes of which are to: update definitions to be consistent with state rules; better define a process for identifying wetlands; establish a 100-foot buffer around all wetlands; clarify what activities are allowed within a certain distance from the wetland edge; streamline a process for projects that require additional review; and reorganize and renumber the section accordingly.
A full copy of the proposed amendments is available at the Town Offices during regular business hours. Anyone needing assistance to attend this meeting should contact the Select Board Office one week prior to the meeting date.