Meeting Minutes of the Select Board
|Location:||Town offices||Date: July 26, 2020|
|Opened:||9:15 am||Adjourned: 11:20 am|
Select Board Members: Jay Jacobs, Kathy Scott, Andrea Hodson
– SB acknowledged receipt of the thank-you letter from the Nelson Select Board for Harrisville Highway Department assistance.
-SB approved the meeting minutes of 6/11/2020
– The SB signed fund Transfer Authorization to cemetery maintenance trust in the amount of $250.
-Primex – SB reviewed and signed off on the Primex property inventory.
-The SB signed the Pay Warrant in the amount of $14,077.78.
-The SB discussed a request to rent the old highway barn, available space at the Recycling Center, or the old fire station on Harrisville Pond for storage and or work space. The SB plans to explore the potential uses for all town owned facilities for maximum utilization, potential revenue generation and maintenance/upkeep.
-Interest has been expressed by two parties in the purchase of the town-owned ATV and trailer, which is for sale for $5,500. The board will discuss with both.
– Barbara Watkins shared with the board a sample trail poster from Swanzey, with images depicting allowed and prohibited activities. The board compared this with the sign offered by Fish & Game, discussing which would be most effective. Ms. Watkins offered to ask Swanzey how they obtained their sign and the cost.
-Maintenance and repair of town owned Rail Trail was discussed. All agreed approach used on Eastview Trail, where material was moved with small machinery to improve drainage, would work best.
-Trails Committee continues with mapping project and with discussions with landowners. SB expressed continued need to respect landowner privacy.
Emergency Management and Safety
-Jeff Cady updated the SB that state-run EOC conference calls on Covid are less frequent. He noted that, as of the end of June, the 14-day quarantine guidelines are still in place for travelers coming from out of state. Needs of residents affected by Covid are being taken care of privately or by county-wide volunteers.
-Mr. Cady outlined the health and safety measures put in place at the town library, police and fire stations and the highway garage. Repair of the exterior sign at the library is also complete and ceiling tiles replaced at town offices. The cabinet stocked with emergency and first aid supplies has been moved from the school to the fire station.
-The SB recommended Mr. Cady use pressure treated plywood with simple construction to repair the sign at the Skatutakee Road spring.
– New signage is in place at the Recycling Center.
-Safety Committee meetings will resume in 3rdquarter.
– SB noted there was no change in policy regarding reopening of town offices. Business will continue to be conducted by appointment, phone and mail.
Sesquicentennial Commemorative Book
-The SB continues its work on its submission to the 150thCommemorative Book.