Meeting location: Town offices
Date: March 28, 2019
Members present: Jay Jacobs, Kathleen Scott, Andrea Hodson
Meeting opened: 7:00 pm; Meeting adjourned: 10:15 pm
Members of the public
: Allan Saari, Jeff Cady

Documents signed or reviewed:
-SB signed SB Meeting Minutes of 3-21-2019 continued to 3-22-2019.
-SB signed Intents to Excavate for Francestown Sand and Gravel and O’Neil Gravel Pit.
-SB reviewed response to Mr. Raynor for mailing Friday, March 29.
-SB will discuss with Angela Hendrickson receipt of a copy of the payroll warrant/manifest each week.
-SB reviewed and signed new hourly pay rates for employees effective April 1, 2019.

Departments, Boards and Committees
Town Clerk– SB moved to approve, and signed, Oaths of Office for the following appointments: Bonnie Willette as Deputy Treasurer; Florence Timm as Tax Collector; Neil Sandford as Assistant Town Clerk; Cathy Lovas as Deputy Town Clerk; Alton Chamberlain as ADA Coordinator; Mike Wilder as Building Inspector; Rosemary Cifrino as Welfare Officer; Courtney Cox as full member of the Planning Board; Peter Thayer as full member of the Planning Board; Andrea Polizos as full member of the Conservation Commission; Leslie LaMois as a member of the Conservation Commission; Scott Oliver to the Historic District Commission; Charles Sorenson to ZBA; Rex Baker to ZBA; Suzanne Brouillette to Agricultural Commission; Jeff Cady, Angela Hendrickson, Wayne DeRosia and Roberta Gline, and Andrea Hodson to the Safety Committee.

Joint Loss/Safety Committee– Jeff Cady met with SB to discuss action by the Safety Committee in the wake of the DOL audit last fall. Mr. Cady presented a summary of items noted by Safety Committee members from its inspection of the town offices and fire station and aims to work with the SB to prioritize. His goal is to come into compliance with the DOL’s findings and to address employee feedback related to safety modifications in the workplace. The SB noted its plan in the coming week to reorganize the workspace in the office and hopes to integrate any safety improvements in conjunction with this reorganization. The board will revisit the committee’s report more completely with Mr. Cady at a separate, mutually agreed upon time. The next Safety Committee Meeting is April 18. Mr. Cady also noted upcoming safety trainings and the updating of the Local Emergency Management Emergency Operations Plan, required every five years.

Office of the Treasurer-Andrea Hodson will work with Anne Havill and Angela Hendrickson on continued transition to QuickBooks. Separately, SB further discussed option of credit card versus debit card for employee office/town supplies. No decision made.

Other Business:
DOT- SB tentatively scheduled meeting with DOT Tuesday, April 9, regarding South Road bridge.

SB moved to unseal Execute Session Meeting Minutes of March 7, 2019 and to post these as an addendum to the regular March 7 Meeting Minutes. All voted in favor. Separately, SB moved to approve Executive Session of Meeting Minutes of March 21, 2019 and voted unanimously in favor to keep these minutes sealed.

Jay Jacobs updated SB on conversation with town attorney and will await further input.

SB discussed request by Angela Hendrickson to close Select Board office Tuesday and Wednesday, April 2 and April 3, for internal work projects.