18th ANNUAL HARRISVILLE OLD HOME DAYS JULY 6 – 8, 2018
FRIDAY JULY 6 – All events are at the Canal
- Annual Library Book Sale 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Hundreds of books from which to choose. Come have a look. There’s something for everyone!
- Ice Cream Social 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Create your own sundae, $4.00 each. Sponsored by the Moschan family and The Community Church. Rain venue, Fellowship Hall inside the church.
- Nelson Town Band 6:45 – 8:00 pm
A perennial favorite at Old Home Days. Come enjoy the rousing tunes of this well-loved band. Remember to BYO Chair! Rain venue, right inside the church.
- Music on Sunset Beach 7:00 pm
Come down to the beach for live music by The Cobb Hill Rockers. Joining Akhil Garland are local musicians playing
rock ‘n roll, reggae, and country music. So kick off your flip flops, grab your partner, and have a dance or two under the evening sky before the fireworks begin. Along with hamburgers and hot dogs on sale by the Fire Dept.
- Town Fireworks at 9:15 pm at the beach. Rain venue at the Beach, July 8 at 9:15 pm..
SATURDAY, JULY 7 – 10 am – 3 pm on Canal & Island Streets
Fun For Everyone – All Day Long!
- Craft Fair – Lots of wonderful items
- Live Music – See entertainers below
- Food Vendors – Lots of yummy food
- Children’s Games and Crafts – Come and enjoy
- Moon Bouncer, weather permitting. Donated by
Ace Rental in Keene
- Cake Walk and Silent Cake Auction – Win a homemade
dessert. Benefits Harrisville Wells Memorial Parent/
- Face Painting and Braiding
- Lobster and Clambake Raffle Tickets are available at
Headquarters tent. This raffle benefits the Harrisville
- Historic Architecture Tours of the Village, 11:00 am (meet at
Historic Harrisville tent)
- Firemen’s BBQ tickets available at the fire truck. Firemen’s BBQ held
Saturday, July 28.
- 5th Annual Children’s Parade 1 pm – Bring your bicycle, scooter or
and decorate it at the Children’s Games and Craft tables around 12 pm
SATURDAY JULY 7 – Musical Entertainment
10:00 – 10:45 am – Firebird Morris Troupe
Firebird is a group performing the Molly and Border styles of Morris dance, an ancient
English folk dancing tradition. We are based right here in Harrisville and are always
looking for dancers and musicians of all ages and genders. Come join us!
- 11:00 – 11:45 am – Folksoul Ensemble
Returning to Old Home Days is the duet of Leslie Vogel and Fred Simmons. With Fred
on guitar and trombone and Leslie playing accordion and keyboard; they will be singing
traditional to original American Roots songs that will get your feet tapping. Come and
check them out. Their website is www.folksoul.com
- 12:00 – 1:45 pm– Sonic Tonic
Sonic Tonic plays a blend of folk, rock, and old standards. Gordon Peery (keyboard and
guitar) is a long-time participant in the local music scene, and is well known as a piano
player at contra dances, and bassist/saxophonist Max Nunnemaker has had an
impressive and international musical career. Lisa Baglione is a political scientist for
ten months of the year and a singer in the summer. The band hails from Nelson.
- 2:00 – 2:45pm – Gordon and Company
Talk about live music! Have a seat under the big tent while you enjoy the jazz jamming
talents of three incredible local musicians. Gordon Peery, who hails from Nelson, will
be on keyboard. Gordon is well known in the local music scene, performing blues, jazz,
rock and roll, and playing New England contra dance music in dance and concert
settings. Paul Klemperer on sax spends the summer in Nelson. During the year, Paul
lives in Austin, Texas where he teaches ethnomusicology. Paul also performs regularly
around Austin. Bob Coviello on trumpet has played the trumpet all his life. He teaches
music in the Boston area and plays with the East Bay Jazz Ensemble who perform all over
New England. Bob’s wife, Maria, runs the Harrisville Inn.
SUNDAY JULY 8 – Morning events at Wells Memorial School:
- 8:00 – 11:00 am – Breakfast put on by the Harrisville Girl Scout troop. Come
support and enjoy a delicious breakfast. Breakfast offerings include scrambled eggs,
hash browns, sausage, berry parfaits with homemade granola toppings, assorted
pastries and bagels, coffee, tea, milk and OJ will be available to start your day.
- After your breakfast spend some time with a few therapy dogs from the Monadnock
Humane Society. See first-hand the special way these dogs bring smiles, joy, and
love to the people they visit. Learn more at: monadnockhumanesociety.org/how-to-
help/ monadnock- therapy-pets/
Thanks! Gracias! Merci! Danke! Grazie!
We would like to thank all those who contributed their time and talent to make Harrisville
Old Home Days 2018 a weekend to remember!
OHD 2018 Committee
Cathy Buffum, Maria Coviello, Jenny Foreman, Janet Selle, Pam Thayer and Susan Weller