Meeting location: Town offices
Date: October 5, 2017
Members present: Jay Jacobs, Andrew Maneval, Jonathan Miner
Meeting opened: 7:00 pm; Meeting adjourned: 9:35 pm

Members of the public and town officials:  David Belknap, Health Officer; Wes Tarr, Road Agent; Gus Lerandeau; John Cucchi; and Anne Cucchi

Documents signed and reviewed:

SB signed weekly disbursements in the amount of $6,273.67.

SB signed Meeting Minutes of September 28, 2017.

SB signed Authorization to Transfer $375.00 from the town’s General Fund to be deposited in the Cemetery Maintenance Trust Account.

Regarding hours for Trick or Treating on Tuesday, October 31, 2017, Jay Jacobs moved for Trick or Treating to be held from 5-8pm. Jay Jacobs and Jon Miner voted in favor. Andrew Maneval abstained.

Cheshire County Treasurer – SB acknowledged receipt of information on Polls and Estate Taxes in the amount of $677,639.00, as compared to approximately $682,000.00 in 2016.

Departments, Boards and Committees:
Building Inspector – SB noted signed Building Permits for Lionel and Winifred Sundstrom of 195 Nelson Road, Shane Long of 184 Aldworth Manor Road and Historic Harrisville of 121 Main Street.

Conservation Commission
– SB noted agenda for October 4, 2017.

Fire Department – On the topic of the Friends of the Harrisville Fire Service, the Friends have voted tentatively, subject to specifications and budget, on a fundraising appeal for a utility vehicle for the Fire Department. The estimates are $15,000 – $20,000, not fully outfitted. SB discussed options regarding the possible disposal of the current ATV and the application of proceeds toward a new vehicle funded by the Friends. Jay Jacobs will discuss further with the fire department.

Highway Department – Wes Tarr and Gus Lerandeau met with the SB to discuss proposed roadwork projects and estimated costs, including the quantities of asphalt needed for reclaiming roads. SB will consider the information as it prioritizes roadwork projects for 2018 and beyond.

Police Department – SB has been advised by the Police Chief of approval of the grant for the portable radar unit. SB authorizes the purchase by the Police Department of that equipment.

Recycling CenterJay Jacobs moved to authorize Jon Miner to purchase needed materials to construct a new ramp at the Recycling Center. All voted in favor. Separately, Mr. Maneval updated the board on his attendance at the Solid Waste Operators training session. Mr. Maneval noted that NRRA recommended that the SB ask Monadnock Disposal Services for weight ticket receipts for loads hauled.

ZBA – SB noted Sue Brown’s letter of resignation from the ZBA and thanks her for her generous service.

Other Business:

David Belknap attended to discuss a letter from the Commissioner of DES recommending sampling of drinking water wells at fire stations for PFAS compounds (polyfluoralkyl substances resistant to heat, water and oil). The voluntary test is $200 plus $75 to collect the sample. Mr. Belknap recommended the test, stating it is a standard recommendation by DES. Andrew Maneval moved to accept the Health Officer’s recommendation and the recommendation from DES at a cost of $275. Seconded by Jon Miner. All voted in favor. David Belknap made an appointment for next Tuesday, October 10, and will notify SB of results which, he noted, take 14 days.

SB met with John and Anne Cucchi who thanked the SB for the letter recently provided to them and described their views of the ownership of the strip of land in question on Skatutakee Road.
Eversource – SB acknowledged receipt of the Loans Power Quality Report.

NHDES –  SB noted Routine Roadway and Railway Maintenance Activities Notification.

Department of Natural and Cultural Resources – SB acknowledged receipt of update on changes within the Forest Protection Bureau.

NH PDIP – SB acknowledged receipt of the notice of Investment Rate and Benefits.

Mascoma – SB noted bank closings on Columbus Day, Monday, October 9, 2017.

Third Party Administrators – SB requested that Angela Hendrickson distribute a copy of the Fall 2017 Newsletter to employees.

SB requests that Angela Hendrickson contact all Town Department heads and the chairs of the Boards/Commissions and advise them that the SB would like to receive proposed 2018 budgets for each of their departments by Friday, November 17, 2017 or, to the extent possible, sooner. This would give the SB a chance to review their recommendations and to meet with them as may be appropriate.

Upcoming Meetings:
October 10th – Land Use Board Heads at 6:30 pm.
October 11th – Planning Board
October 18th – ZBA