Meeting location: Town offices
Date: January 5, 2017
Present: Jay Jacobs, Andrew Maneval, Jonathan Miner
Meeting opened: 6:30 pm; Meeting adjourned 9:05 pm

Documents signed and reviewed:

Eversource – SB will review RFP Vendors Contract and information submitted by Eversource. SB will review and pursue further information regarding installation estimates and fixture costs. Charles Michal attended and offered to provide input on Eversource’s proposal.

Primex – SB acknowledged receipt of the Benefit of Prompt Property/Automobile Claim Reporting

SB acknowledged that RSA:91 states that, as of January 1, 2017, the SB has to have a secretary taking minutes.


Conservation Commission – SB noted receipt of proposed agenda for Wednesday, January 4, 2016. In addition, Winston Sims met with the Selectmen to begin a dialogue with the SB regarding the goals of the HCC for 2017 and to request SB members’ attendance at an upcoming HCC meeting to provide input as individuals regarding their vision of the HCC’s role. Regarding the HCC’s budget, Winston Sims requests that the balance of what was not spent by the HCC in 2016 be reintroduced as a non-lapsing fund warrant article for 2017. Winston Sims also informed the SB that Harry Wolhandler will serve as acting Chair of the HCC during the month of January.

 Planning Board – SB noted the Special Meeting of January 4, 2016.

 School Board – SB noted the Special Meeting for Wednesday January 3, 2017.

Town Clerk – Donna Stone and Patty Massey met with the Selectmen to discuss the proposed Town Clerk budget. The Town Clerk discussed potential change in personnel and potential training needs for 2017. SB will get back to Donna with any questions about the figures proposed.

Highway Department – The Road Agent met with SB to discuss a proposed budget of $5K more than the 2016 budget total to account for crush and gravel and an additional $1K over the 2016 Budget for rental equipment. SB will consider and get back to Wes Tarr with any questions.

Other Business:

 Charles Michal asked about an update on the concept of renting town property. The SB asked him to check back with them as it is seeking further information on the matter.

Jeff Trudelle met with the board to discuss a neighbor’s complaint about potential visual and noise violations and potential violation of the zoning ordinance related to home-based business or home-base occupation. The SB agreed to continue to the review the matter and Mr. Maneval offered to draft a response to the residents for the SB’s review.

NH Retirement System – SB acknowledged receipt of Winter 2017 Employer Newsletter.

 State of NH Division of Fire Safety – SB noted the updating of their lists of municipalities in the State of NH.

SB acknowledged receipt of CDFA’s Notice of Community Development Block Grant Application Deadlines for the Calendar Year 2017.

SB acknowledged receipt of the email from Norman Roy regarding Third Party Administrators.

Upcoming Meetings:

January 16 – Martin Luther King Day (Office Closed)

February 20 – Presidents Day (Office Closed)